List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFile plugin problem !!
From:       Mario <tweakBSD () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-07-12 17:37:46

Am Montag, 12. Juli 2004 18:13 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:

> On Monday 12 July 2004 17:54, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > On Monday 12 July 2004 11:41, Mario wrote:
> > > OK one try with semaphores and if that won't work KTar is my friend :-)
> > > Can you tell me a little bit, like you did with Mutex's, how to use
> > > Semaphores ?
> >
> > So it looks like you'll have to use KTar after all. :-(
>
> You could use the BSD tar library instead, if you feel that everything
> should be in-process. Or get the pkg_info source and incorporate the stuff
> you need from there. When reading the tarfiles, you will want to be careful
> that you're not going to iterate through the whole archive after reading
> the +* files.

I'm not as good in English as it seems I don't know the meaning of iterate.
Perhaps you can say it with other words ?? Do you mean I should only read the
+MTREE... and other +* files instead of the whole archive??

Using the BSD Tarlib is a good choice but then it only works on FreeBSD
not on Linux, etc.
But isn't there a gnu version of it both on linux and FreeBSD (libgtar) ?