List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase 3.2.91 compile errors
From:       Cédric_Pasteur <cedric.pasteur () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-07-09 10:05:43

> I am running Slackware, with GCC 3.3.4. Arts and kdelibs compiled
> without problems, kdebase dies with the errors below:
>
> then mv -f ".deps/client.Tpo" ".deps/client.Plo"; else rm -f
> ".deps/client.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
> utils.h:164: error: `QCString KWinInternal::getStringProperty(long unsigned
>    int, long unsigned int, char)' used but never defined
> make[3]: *** [client.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rebus/kde_download/kdebase-3.2.91/kwin'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rebus/kde_download/kdebase-3.2.91/kwin'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rebus/kde_download/kdebase-3.2.91'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> I tried compiling against QT 3.3.2 and the latest qtcopy. I get the same
> errors either way. Is this GCC related?
I don't what the problem is related to, but I've got a solution to make it
compile. Just remove the "static" before getStringProperty() definition in
utils.h.
I also had to modify another
file : /kdebase/kwin/kcmkwin/kwinrules/detectwidget.cpp.
Replace line 58 :
"static QCString getStringProperty(WId w, Atom prop, char separator)"
with
"static QCString getStringProperty(WId w, Atom prop, char separator=0)"

Now everything should compile.

To KWin developers : maybe we should commit this, no ?

--
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush, in
Sept. 2000