List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for aligning the text on websites justify
From:       James Ots <kde () jamesots ! com>
Date:       2004-07-05 21:20:42

On Monday 05 Jul 2004 19:15, Nicolas Bellm wrote:
> I think that this is a Sisyphos work to tell every webmaster that it
> doesn't look good if the text isn't align justify. You can't tell this
> every person. You also can't tell everybody not to underline text. It's
> impossible. I'm convinced that if it was w3c standard that text will be
> automatically aligned justify hardly everybody would change this behaviour
> since nobody thinks about this. I can't belive that no important online
> magazine has the texts aligned justify.

Why do you think it's so important to justify text? I just looked at several
print magazines I have l lying around: National Geographic - left aligned.
Top Gear - left aligned. Guitarist - left aligned. However, most books I read
are justified.

Personally I like left aligned text and when I design a website and use left
aligned text, it's because I specifically want left aligned text, not because
I'm too stupid to justify it.

Anyway, someone else has already pointed out the css way of mangling my
websites, so I'll leave it at that :-)

--
Cheers
James Ots