List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Window Focus Behaviour
From:       AR User <ars () joot ! com>
Date:       2004-07-02 20:53:00

Hi,

> So, if I am in konsole and I start an app, it won't get focused? But
> that's exactly what I wanted when I started the app...

If you launched it from the KDE menu, then it would.  This is because
you just changed focus from Konsole to KDE itself, thereby giving KDE
control over what application to focus -- which is consistent with my
original premise.  Unless between the time you launched Mozilla from
KDE's menu/icon to the time the browser appeared you had refocused back
onto the Konsole window to continue typing.  At which point you
certainly do NOT want Mozilla to grab focus, right ...?

> This is just to illustrate that "one size fits all" adage doesn't apply.
> What's best for you isn't what everyone wants.

Exactly why I mentioned, 'for me' in the original post.  Also exactly
why I asked, 'how do I go about changing this?'  (Hence the submission
to the KDE-DEV list and not as a bug report.)

Thanks, again!

Dave