List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Window Focus Behaviour
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-02 10:36:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

AR User wrote:
>Focus should remain with the currently focused application (CFA),
>however if the CFA displays a new window, then keyboard focus (KF)
>should move to the first input field of the new window.  If an
>application is not CFA, then there should be no way it can ever
>automatically gain KF.

Still, not even your algorithm would be perfect: pinentry window and
KMail. It's actually a "KMail window", but it comes from a different
program. So it never gets focus either.

>Basically, do not automatically take KF away between applications
> (e.g., typing in Konsole should never lose focus -- ever).  Between
> windows of the same application is okay (e.g., Mozilla's mail server
> password prompt should always take focus, provided Mozilla is the
> CFA).

So, if I am in konsole and I start an app, it won't get focused? But
that's exactly what I wanted when I started the app...

This is just to illustrate that "one size fits all" adage doesn't apply.
What's best for you isn't what everyone wants.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info