List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Dissapearing icons in KDE dialog boxes
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-06-29 13:22:37

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:07:17 +0200
Stephan Binner <binner@kde.org> wrote:

> On Monday 28 June 2004 23:27, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
>
> > 3. Make a completely new user account for myself (no old KDE
> > configuration > You will further notice that those icons have
> > dissapeared after an update from CVS HEAD.
>
> Did you enable the "icons on button" setting? It's not default IIRC.
>
> > Another thing, for some odd reason, the color is slightly different
> > on the two KPPP screen shots.  I used the color picking tool from
> > the Gimp
>
> Style authors change their taste of colors once in a while.
>
> Bye,
>    Steve

Hello, Steve :)
I've never enabled a setting like that.  But that doesn't explain why I
will do a fresh install of KDE from CVS HEAD, on a new user account, and
I will have icons on the buttons for a while, never having enabled
"icons on button"  They are just there.  Then, like I described, they
dissappear after updating from CVS HEAD.
One more funny thing on this subject: I was going to tell you the fact
that the icons came back (all on their own) in KPPP.  I was quite
pleased, and a little confused, last night before work when the icons
just reappeared on the KPPP buttons.  What is the funny part, you ask?
Well, I just checked KPPP, and the icons are gone again!  For
clarification: I've never enabled any setting to get the icons on the
buttons, and I've never changed any settings to make them dissappear.
Now, I can add the fact that I did absolutely nothing to make them
dissappear again, after they reappeared on their own!

Anyway, Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick