List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using Gnome icons?
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-06-28 2:40:19

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:33:30 -0700
James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> wrote:

> Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Will we ever be able to use gnome icons in KDE?
>
> IWFM.  All that is necessary is that the GNOME icons be in the
> directory:"$KDEDIR/share/pixmaps/" or a subdirectory of it. and the
> GNOME 'desktop' files for the menu to be in:
> "$KDEDIR/share//applications/" or a subdirectory of it. You might need
> to make a link if KDE isn't installed with the same prefix as GNOME.
> What I did on my system was link every 'share' directory to:
> "/usr/share/", but you can make a single link so that KDE and GNOME
> have the same 'share' directory.
>
> JRT

Hello, James :)
I have read this question many times on this list.  And, as a user of
KDE from CVS HEAD on Fedora Core 2, I have always had an interest in
getting the GNOME icons to show up in the KDE start menu.  But your
answer, as quoted above, is the only time I've seen a solution that
works :)
Thank you very much, and keep up the good work!

Steven P. Ulrick