List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Followup: Howto reduce X11 memory usage with several QCanvas /
From:       Maks Orlovich <mo002j () mail ! rochester ! edu>
Date:       2004-06-27 17:19:21

Achim Spangler wrote:

> Just a small data update based on the information from xrestop:
>
> res-base Wins  GCs Fnts Pxms Misc   Pxm mem  Other   Total   PID
> Identifier
> 3400000   728  117    5  535  384   562172K     33K 562206K   ?
> MiniVegN.xmi
> [GeĆ?ndert] - Umbrello UML-Modeller
>
> --> xrestop reports 562MB "Pxm mem"

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=107298440324722&w=2 has a pair of
patches (one to Qt, one to kdelibs) that can help trace what the allocated
pixmaps are... Alternatively, if the XMI file in question is publically
available, or some other one that shows the problem is, I may be able to
help out..