List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding improved file search to KDE
From:       Michael Schuerig <michael () schuerig ! de>
Date:       2004-06-15 18:32:42

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 20:15, Manuel Amador wrote:

> > > why not go further and storing the medata informations of a mp3
> > > or a divx ?
> >
> > We'd have to have the library functions to be able to extract the
> > metadata from those files. Don't Open Office documents have meta
> > data as well?

Have a look at swish++. It may already partly do what you're looking
for.

http://homepage.mac.com/pauljlucas/software/swish/features.html

Some time ago I wrote a primitive kio slave that uses swish++, but I
don't think that's the right way to go...

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                       Face reality and stare it down
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        --Jethro Tull, Silver River Turning