List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.2.1 konqueror hungs when opening DVD
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2004-06-14 21:55:59

On Thursday 10 June 2004 12:45 pm, Christian Loose wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Juni 2004 11:15 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > Am Donnerstag 10 Juni 2004 10:57 schrieb Colossus:
> > > I'm using kernel 2.6.4 WITHOUT scsi emulation. When accessing from the
> > > console with ls I don't get any of the above messages, checked with
> > > tail -f. Shall I fire a bug on bugs.kde.org ?
> >
> > Your DVD is defect and your kernel tells you - and you still blame
> > konqueror?
>
> Should konqueror hang up when a DVD is defect? Especially when the kernel
> seems to signal the error?

The kernel *doesn't* signal the error. What your console says is for your
information only, no kio process gets to know any of that. The kernel retries
all by itself, while the relevant process (kio_thumbnail) is sleeping and
cannot be woken up.

So the problem is on kernel's side, period.

Cheers, Kuba Ober