List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde, xfree & RAM
From:       "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2004-06-10 14:15:46

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 21:53:48 PM +0930, Damien Uern
(morpheus_2606@internode.on.net) wrote:

> How could KDE be made to have a "light weight" configuration?
[...]

> What speeds are the machines KDE devs are running? Do the
> distributors slow the desktop down with sub-optimal configurations?
> If so, could we create a KDE "reference distribution"

It really looks like you are asking for this:

http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=59

doesn't it? Or, at the very least, that every answer to the questions
below is relevant to that page, and we at RULE would really love to
help with this. If nothing else, by testing, and documenting
everything on this "make kde really light" issue.

What do you think? And what can KDE developers suggest on this?

TIA,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans
                                                 (John Lennon)