List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kde 3.2.1 konqueror hungs when opening DVD
From:       Colossus <colossus () 3000 ! it>
Date:       2004-06-10 8:57:17

Hi,

I have a data DVD burned with a home combo DVD writer (TDK).
When I try to access some folders konqueror hungs and the DVD led
drive flashes endlessly. From dmesg I get a bunch of errors:

hdc: media error (bad sector): status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: media error (bad sector): error=0x30
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 7022944
Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 1755736
hdc: media error (bad sector): status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: media error (bad sector): error=0x30
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 7022948

I'm using kernel 2.6.4 WITHOUT scsi emulation. When accessing from the console
with ls I don't get any of the above messages, checked with tail -f. Shall I
fire a bug on bugs.kde.org ?
--
Colossus

Mizio, a proxy scanner tool with GUI for Linux
http://mizio.sourceforge.net