List:       kde-devel
Subject:    FreeType detection on Solaris
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-06-03 11:35:17

A fair chunk of kdegraphics - kpovray, kdvi - fails to compile on my Solaris
install, all failing on the same construction (which I think was pioneered in
the font installer KCM, where it doesn't work either):

#ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE
#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
#include FT_GLYPH_H
#include FT_OUTLINE_H
#endif

Clearly, HAVE_FREETYPE is being defined, but this isn't the freetype2 you're
looking for.

konqui-adridg$freetype-config --version
7.0.1
konqui-adridg$freetype-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2

There is no ft2build.h in the include dir there. If someone knows a quick way
to fix this, please do, otherwise I'll get around to it finally sometime next
week.

--
   "On top of that [watching KDE CVS] is interesting in a perverse
    way, like watching sausage get made. By very smart people." - dkite