List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDM logout animation
From:       "Gerold J. Wucherpfennig" <gjwucherpfennig () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-05-31 23:46:47

(I couldn't find out who's the current maintainer of KDM)

IMHO there should be a way to disable the superfluous
animation when logging out of KDE. If it was hardware accelerated
one could argue about this (when one would be willing to use
a binary ATI or nvidia driver). I don't even find this anim visually
appealing :( Sorry if I'm the only one who thinks like this, I'm sure
there are people who like animation effects otherwise that would
already have been removed...

I'd really like to know the general opinion about this. Will this
animation prevail or will it possible to deactivate this?