List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Sincere Thanks
From:       "Benjamin Unger" <unger30 () potsdam ! edu>
Date:       2004-05-27 18:49:58

(NB: I realize this is probably not the best place to post this; but I
hope you will forgive me)

As a linux user for many years now, I'd like to thank the KDE Developers,
and everyone who is involved in the project. I've bounced back and forth
among desktops, Gnome to Fluxbox to XFCE4 and everything in between, but I
am always left with feeling like I've settled for less than what I wanted
with any of those (even combinations thereof).

The last time I tried KDE was 2.x, and while I found it beautiful, fast,
and easy for a self-proclaimed power user, it too was lacking in certain
features I had found in other WMs.

Yesterday I compiled 3.2 (decided to give it a try during a reinstall) and
I was absolutely floored. You folks, all of you, have done an amazing job,
and I am now thoroughly hooked. The ability to mousewheel through desktops
was a feature I tried valiantly to get added to Gnome, but found only in
fluxbox and the like. Transparency? Everywhere. Gorgeous.

I think the Linux Desktop is closer to Joe User than ever before because
of the work you've all done, and I salute you heartily.

Thanks again,

Benjamin Unger