List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kioslaves and q/kapplications
From:       Christian Loose <christian.loose () hamburg ! de>
Date:       2004-05-26 21:29:25

Am Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2004 23:03 schrieb Pupeno:
> I'm developing a kioslave:
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdenonbeta/jabberservices/jabberse
>rvices.cpp
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdenonbeta/jabberservices/jabberse
>rvices.h but in that kioslave I'm using a library (iris) that needs a qApp
> object (qApp or kApp) but it seems that at the moment this library tries to
> use qApp is null because I get this output:
> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::aboutToQuit() to
> NDnsManager::app_aboutToQuit()
> from this line of code (in the iris library):
> connect(qApp, SIGNAL(aboutToQuit()), SLOT(app_aboutToQuit()));
> which shoes qApp is null.
> How is this managed in a kio_slave ? what can I do so the library gets a
> valid qApp ?
> Thanks.

I don't know anything about kioslaves but I found the following:

The kioslave for audio cd's needs a KApplication too (for libkcddb).

source code:
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdemultimedia/kioslave/audiocd/audiocd.cpp

the patch for the change (I suppose):
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=107140951918604&w=2