List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New Trashcan Project
From:       Luke Sandell <sandell () freeshell ! org>
Date:       2004-05-22 12:26:00

On Sat May 22 2004 3:01 pm, Till Gerken wrote:
> I don't like the idea of trash directories being created on all partitions.
> It's a user thing, so I think it should also reside in the user's home
> directory.

It is a user thing, but that doesn't mean it has to be stored in the user's
home dir. After all, this is only dealing with files outside the partition.
Files inside the partition could be stored in ~/Trash still with no
performance loss. However, for consistancy purposes, ~/Trash should probably
be a symlink link to .trash/username at the root of the partition.

If your concern is that the trashdir should be browsable, I don't intend to
make it that way anyway, I don't even think it would be possible... I do
however intend to develop a trash ioslave that would allow browsing.

Best Regards,

Luke Sandell