List:       kde-devel
Subject:    gsiftp kio_slave
From:       daniel.hanlon () man ! ac ! uk
Date:       2004-05-21 14:35:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello!

I'm writing a kio_slave for GridFTP - an extended form of FTP which is
part of the Globus Grid toolkit with certicate based authentication,
parallel data streams, third party transfers and other bits and pieces.

It's part of a proof of concept project to integrate Grid functionality
within KDE.

I've implemented the GET method and the slave can read files quite
happily. In order to give a demo of something useful as quickly as
possible I want to be able to do directory listings too. I've implemented the
listDir method as:

void kio_gsiftpProtocol::listDir(const KURL &url){
  dir_t listing; //struct with int count and elements as char**
  /* grenade_ls is in C and works fine */
  status=grenade_ls(url.prettyURL(),&listing);
  UDSEntry entry;

  for (status=0; status<listing.count; status++){
    UDSAtom atom;
    atom.m_uds=KIO::UDS_NAME;
    atom.m_str=(char*)*(listing.elements+status);
    entry.append(atom);
    listEntry(entry,false);
  }
  listEntry(entry,true);
  finished();
}

and changed the .protocol file to output a filesystem and added a listing entry
but now I just get:
Accessing files is not supported with the protocol kio_gsiftp

I don't seem to be able to find any documentation on exactly what's needed to
get different levels of functionality from KIO. Any suggestions of what I'm
missing or pointers in the direction of where I can find out more would be
much appreciated!

Thanks,

Daniel.