List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Stat redirection
From:       Luke Sandell <sandell () freeshell ! org>
Date:       2004-05-18 10:43:25

Do you know what version of the libraries it is implemented in? Must I use
HEAD? I think I tried it in 3.2 and it didn't work.

> If it makes sense highly depends on your protocol output. E.g. if you get
> a request for foobar:/, you could prompt for a user name and then redirect
> to foobar:///$USER - depending on the user it could be dir or file.

Let me get one thing straight: redirection does not change the URL that the
user sees, correct? So in the above example the user would still see foobar:/
even though they were acceess foobar:///$USER? At least that's what happens
for get().

My concern is actually redirecting to a URL _outside_ the current protocol.
If I stat a URL such as resources:/wallpaper/picture.jpg that redirects to
file:/usr/local/kde/share/wallpapers/picture.jpg (just for sake of argument),
I don't want the returned UDSEntry to contain an UDS_URL equal to the second
URL. Preferably no UDS_URL at all.

Confused yet? Why don't I just look at the source instead of asking these
painstaking questions?

Luke Sandell