List:       kde-devel
Subject:    NoChange in widgets other than QCheckBox
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-05-13 10:05:09

Hello!

I'd like to implement editing multiple users in KUser (you can select
multiple users, and editing common parameters). The question is: is
there any guidelines to use lineedits, comboboxes, spinboxes like
three-state checkboxes? I mean when you select two or more users, and
e.g. the "Days after password expires that account is disabled" is the
same, I can present the value in a spinbox. If they are different, what
should I show to the user?
In lineedits, if there are different values, I'll show an empty
lineedit, but when the "OK" button is pressed, what will the empty
lineedit mean? Should I clear the value, or treat as NoChange?
Is there any application where I can get some idea?

Regards,
György