List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I'm going to compile KDE on Fedora Core 2tr3 (Perfect Success!)
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-05-03 22:30:05

On Tue, 4 May 2004 00:35:33 +0300
Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz@witch.dyndns.org> wrote:

> > In closing, I have one remark about Fedora Core 2, Test Release 3.
> > Kind of one of my first experiences with it.  I couldn't even log
> > into KDE at all.  Totally fresh installation, no updates, nothing
> > lying around from any previous installs.  Not only that, I installed
> > EVERY package :)
>
> Hmm??
>
> I'm typing this email right now from my laptop (IBM thinkpad T30) with
> Fedora Core 2, test release 3, with the KDE that it comes from. So far
> I don't see any problems at all here (other then the shitty rhn-applet
> which leaves no icon in the tray)..
>
> Thanks,
> Hetz

Hello, Everyone :)
First of all, I apologize for the confusion about KDE not starting the
first time I logged into Fedora Core 2, Test Release 3.  It is an
absolute fact that KDE would not start when I first logged in.  I got
some error about not being able to find "kdeinit"  But a few hours
later, when I tried again, for some reason it worked just fine.
Secondly, I just got done compiling and installing KDE from CVS HEAD on
Fedora Core 2tr3.  Everything went perfectly.  The only problems that I
had are the same ones that I have with KDE from CVS HEAD on Fedora Core
1: Menu related issues, missing icons, and icons on the desktop that
like to move around and unalphabetize themselves when I logout and log
back in.  (I don't know for sure if that last problem is an issue
anymore.  I am in the midst of updating KDE from CVS HEAD on our Fedora
Core 1 system.  That problem might have been fixed already :))

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick