List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE suggestion
From:       "Manuel Amador \(Rudd-O\)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2004-05-03 14:15:33

> Kate is a simple ide, not a simple texte editor :p

I'd like to be quoted as saying Kate is not an ide, but an editor with
source highlighting capability.  Kate does not guess what can you type
next for programming languages yet.  No drop-downs and the like.

It also does not have an integrated compiler or build system or
interfaces with one in an integrated fashion.  Therefore, it's not an
ide nor does it have capabilities of contemporary IDEs.
> Kedit may be removed :p
> Kwrite isn't a word processor :p
>
> Having to many apps doing the same thing is stupid and may confused users!

Yes it may confuse users.  But 'stupid' is a strong word.

> What you like in PwManager is it ui, not the way it is coded!
> So i think you have to contact kwallet developpers to make kwallet more user
> friendly(and more Ian MacGregor friendly ;)).

PWManager seems to be superior to kwalletmanager in terms of
user-friendliness.  I think you were talking about kwalletmanager, not
kwallet.  PWmanager should interface with kwallet to be considered for
integration with KDE distributions.  In that role, PWmanager would
replace kwalletmanager (which is the thing you actually see onscreen,
unless you code kwallet).

> >My refusal to use KWallet affects only me. Your refusal to include PwManager
> >affects millions of people. What if other people would end up liking
> >PwManager better than KWallet? KDE is supposed to be a desktop without
> >limits, but, you seem to like limits and you seem to like limiting others.
> >Please don't limit other people.

PWmanager is useful, yes.  But it does not integrate with kwallet (note
I didn't say kwalletmanager, which is the UI).  I think it should before
being considered for inclusion, plus it should comply with the KDE style
guide.