List:       kde-devel
Subject:    I'm going to compile KDE on Fedora Core 2tr3
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-05-03 5:20:13

Hello, everyone :)
I have just downloaded and installed Fedora Core 2, Test Release 3, for
the purpose of compiling and installing KDE.  Since I am able, and we
have a third harddrive just sitting there doing nothing, I am going to
make this contribution to the community.  My intention is to attempt KDE
3.2.2 and CVS HEAD.  If anyone thinks I should just try one or the
other, please let me know.  If you have any preferences as to which I
should start with, let me know that as well.  I should be getting
started shortly.
In closing, I have one remark about Fedora Core 2, Test Release 3.  Kind
of one of my first experiences with it.  I couldn't even log into KDE at
all.  Totally fresh installation, no updates, nothing lying around from
any previous installs.  Not only that, I installed EVERY package :)

Anyway, I'll keep you posted as to how things are going :)

Steven P. Ulrick