List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE suggestion
From:       William Leese <william () leese ! nl>
Date:       2004-05-02 17:49:46

Michael Buesch wrote:

>On Sunday 02 May 2004 18:44, William Leese wrote:
>
>>- it's not apparent that the checkbox infront of the descriptions
>>'unlocks' the password.
>>

>What to do to make it more intuitive?

Perhaps you could use the Password column instead of checkboxes.
Clicking the "<Click to Unlock>" text in the Password column would then
show the password.

>>- same goes for the menubar: it has some additional spacing infront of
>>'File'. Apparently this provides window management functionality for the
>>subwindows. Bug in pwmanager or in KDE?
>>

>That's not additional spacing, that's space for an icon
>that's not there, I think.
>I think that's an issue in your WM. On my KDE-3.2-CVS
>there is no such space.

I'm using CVS from a few days ago. It's exactly as you said - if you
look closely there's a grey square instead of the icon.

>>- Timeout configuration dialog: doesn't have the available options
>>labels properly vertically aligned with the corresponding widget.
>>

>Are you using KDE-3.1 or KDE-3.2. I ask because the implementation
>of the configuration is completely different in KDE-3.2.

See above.

http://www.leese.nl/pwmanager.jpg

>>- the groupboxes in the Look&Feel dialog are redundant
>>

>That does mean? I don't understand.

The groupboxes for "Path to background picture for main-window" and
"Font for password entries" aren't needed because there are only a few
related elements being grouped.

  -- William