List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Transparency Issues
From:       Luiz Eduardo Guida Valmont <legv () uninet ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-04-29 19:08:10

I've noticed something quite strange on (1) the transparency applied to
menus and (2) icons in the taskbar when they zoom.

(1) I guess when you open a menu it gets a copy of what is behind it at
that moment and use it as a background image. As I was recompiling
kdelibs after a "cvs up" (which took long enough for me to notice this),
I opened the menu and, while browsing, noticed the menu background did
not match what was going on on the konsole. Well, IMHO, it is a bug, isn't?

(2) I like to have my taskbar with the "tiny" size. With this, the
shorcut icons zoom quite a bit (I'd guess 150%). If you have an icon
that is not a square (like, for example, the star for mozilla in the
"kids beta 1" icon set), and you point your mouse somewhere transparent
(I mean, its size is, let's say, 32x32 but some parts of it are
transparent), the finger turns back to the ordinary pointer, but the
icon is still "zoomed". And if you get the pointer "back to the icon",
the mouse turns back again to the finger. Well, IMHO, it is another bug,
isn't?

I don't know much about the KDE API nor where I could look to fix those,
but, anyway, this is the place to begin, isn't? BTW, could someone give
some references about KDE programming and its API?

Valmont