List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Good IDE's on Linux
From:       Luiz Eduardo Guida Valmont <legv () uninet ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-04-26 1:17:30

> I think he was wondering if his application would have to be Qt-based
> as well.
> Surprisingly (IMO), the answer is no.  I just tested, you can build
> applications with no Qt dependency whatsoever.

Yes, that was exactly my point. I found an interesting article about
Anjuta and the autotools suite:

http://www.anjuta.org/documents/C/anjuta-advanced-tutorial/index.html

Although it is focused on Anjuta in the end, it gives a good sight of
what (and how) the autotools suite work. Now I'm able to do some little
Allegro (alleg.sourceforge.net) projects. The next step will be to learn
how to work with the kdevelop qmake & automake manager. :-)