List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to read a config file that is not in user home dir
From:       Winfried Dobbe <winfried_koeun () zonnet ! nl>
Date:       2004-04-19 20:26:07

>My application should use a config file that is not in the home dir of the
>logged in user. I try to to do that like this:
For those who might encounter the same: it can be done if you use a name for
the settings file that is different than "myappnamerc". However than you have
to replace the call to KMainWindow::setAutoSaveSettings() by
KMainWindow::applyMainWindowSettings(KConfig*) and
KMainWindow::saveMainWindowSettings(KConfig*).

regards Winfried