List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Icons (was QGrid in a QVBox)
From:       "Chris Garrett" <garrett91 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-04-18 18:00:44

Hi Kevin,

>The automake framework knows the standard destinations for files depending
>on
>their type (the developer has to decide which type a file is of).
>The KStandardDirs class and all the classes using it, can then locate the
>files depending on their name and their type.

Thank you for all your help on this.  Assuming, then, that I need to perform
a make install before icons will show up, and icons are installed in the
$KDEDIR/share/apps/$APPNAME/pics directory, are they then found by the
KIcon::User group?

In order to get to this stage though, I need to get those icons installed
into the  $KDEDIR/share/apps/$APPNAME/pics directory, so I need to say that
files of type .png get put into $KDEDIR/share/apps/$APPNAME/pics.  Where in
KDevelop (3) can I do this?  I cant find it in any of the configuration
options.  I can see in the "File Groups" section of the project options that
.png files are in the icons group, but I cannot see where a destination for
such a file is set up.

Also, do I put the icons into a pics subdirectory in the project hierarchy?
Is there a correct way to add them to the project?

Best regards,

Chris.