List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt 4
From:       Ken Deeter <ktdeeter () alumni ! princeton ! edu>
Date:       2004-04-17 19:24:37

> On Friday 16 April 2004 19:12, kde-devel-request@mail.kde.org wrote:
> > Everynow and then questions about the upcoming Qt 4 appear on this
> > list. The features of Qt 4 are discussed in the most recent
> > Qt-quarterly: http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq09-qt4.html
> >
> > best,
> > Jeroen

What worries me is that none of the things I've seen about Qt4 mentions
input methods (specifically making it so that you don't have to set env
variables to use a particular method, and allowing you to switch
methods at runtime, like the windows IME system or gtk's immodule). I'm
not sure if there is not much awareness at trolltech and it is not
being worked on, or it is, and it just doesn't make the headlines.

The Scribe stuff looks very interesting, and I've seen Lars say that
there will be a public text layout api in 4 so that is a very good
thing.

Ken