List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compilation error
From:       Thomas =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2004-04-16 3:52:45

On Thursday 15 April 2004 07:15, Arash Zeini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We get the following error while compiling kdelibs from KDE_3_2_1_RELEASE:
>
> /usr/lib/libqt-mt.la not a valid libtool archive
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong here?

be sure the first line includes the word "libtool" (# /libqt-mt.la.la - a
libtool library file) as i think the script checks for it.

also be sure this is the right .la position (i.e. you're not storing qt
library in e.g. /usr/share/qt3/lib exclusevly and this is a relict from an
older installation (occurs often if you installed qt from souzrce for the
first time, while your distributor installs qt to /usr prefix))

Thomas
--
Think, think different. But essentially: Think!