List:       kde-devel
Subject:    is anyone using KMDI?
From:       Paul Drummond <paul.drummond () dsl ! pipex ! com>
Date:       2004-04-14 0:25:05

Hi all,

I am trying to write a simple test application using the KMDI library and I
have a problem.  I have a dock window at the top of the client area
containing just a KLineEdit widget.  In IDEAl mode, when I expand the
dock, it expands to half the size of the client area.  All I want to do is
make the dock only expand a little bit to reveal it's contents (which I
thought would happen by default but it doesn't!).

I add the dock window to the app like this:

m_locationBar = new LocationBar(this, "Location");
addToolWindow(m_locationBar, KDockWidget::DockTop, getMainDockWidget(), 10);

where LocationBar is derived from "KMdiChildView" and contains just a
KLineEdit.  the last parameter of addToolWindow is the "percent" which should
make the dock window 10% of the client area but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?  I have tried everything!

I would also like to be able to prevent the user from resizing the dock window
but have been unable to do that either.

Cheers,
Paul Drummond