List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hello World newbie woes
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-03-31 14:05:50

Hi,

Why don't you use KDevelop instead?
KDevelop -> Project -> New Project -> C++ -> Simple KDE application
Then run automake, configure, build project, install, execute. The template
runs.
Then edit the khello.cpp and khello.h files, make the changes to include your
new code and build the project, install, execute.
It works! (I did not put the menubar code though)
I can send you privately the tarball that works with cvs head.

Conclusion: it's the way you compile your files that is the problem probably,
I am not good enough to go further into that (that's why I use KDevelop to
provide me the basic stuff ;-)

Another observation: use xmlGUI for your menubar.

Cheers,

annma