List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KConfigDialog question
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2004-03-27 16:59:45

Hello,

In my config dialog, I have a listbox widget which contains a list of
checkboxes.  Toggling these checkboxes does not automatically enable
the dialog's "Apply" button, and I am trying to figure out how to make
that happen.

My config dialog has several pages, each of which is a QWidget added to
the KConfigDialog.  The KConfigDialog is constructed and shown by the
KStars::slotViewOps() function.  This is where I tried to get the Apply
button to be enabled when those checkboxes change, by adding this line:

	connect( opcatalog->CatalogList, SIGNAL( clicked( QListViewItem* ) ),
opsdialog, SIGNAL( widgetModified() ) );

(where "opsdialog" is the KConfigDialog, "opcatalog" is one of the
QWidgets added as a page of the dialog, and "CatalogList" is the
listbox containing the checkboxes)

I was hoping that emitting the "widgetModified()" signal would enable
the Apply button (since it is connected to the "updateButtons()" slot),
but it does not.

I also tried some kludgier solutions, but so far nothing has worked.
Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance,
Jason
--