List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Program crash
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-24 18:08:54

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 18:37, Sheraz wrote:
> I have problem in KDE programming
> im using Ksockets...
> i have two calls for sockets one after another...

Hi Sheraz,

You know, you should provide _detail_ when describing problems you're having
with programming particular parts of KDE. In this message, you tell us you
have two calls and you do them lots of times and then something goes wrong.
That's not a whole lot of information to go on. At best, I can suggest "try
identifying the problem, then solving it."

> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> or some times bad descriptor error.

Get a backtrace. Add printfs. Avoid allocating too many things on the stack.
Avoid recursion. Set pointers to 0 after deleting them.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
                     Would you like a freem?