List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KLaptop: Add support for command before/after suspend/resume
From:       Pieter Pareit <pieter.pareit () planetinternet ! be>
Date:       2004-03-21 20:59:43

Op zondag 21 maart 2004 20:52, schreef Tim Carr:
> Hello,
>
> I made a dirty, dirty hack to have KLaptop run a configurable (from Power
> Control config dialog) command before suspending, and after resuming. It's
> basically showing what I wanted in this message here (KDE list):
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kde&m=107955864702607&w=2

What you made is really great, but there might be a problem with the use. If
your laptop needs to unload it's usb modules before suspend, then this
functionality should be global, and not only for the current user. Currently
it is indeed nice, but it only will work when you are the only user using
that laptop and are logged in when suspending...

Most distro's run some scripts just before suspend and just after suspend,
with or without someone logged in.

It would still be nice to have a control center module that could go into
root/admin mode to configure this part of a system.

Pieter