List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Font rendering problems with 3.2 on Xnest test server
From:       Albert Chin <kde-devel () thewrittenword ! com>
Date:       2004-03-03 6:08:34

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:51:15PM -0500, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 February 2004 01:59 pm, James F.  Hranicky wrote:
> > I should have supplied more info on the kde-solaris list. This kind of
> > odd rendering does indeed occur in QT only apps. I was hoping someone
> > on the kde-solaris list had seen it before.
>
> It looks like Qt is drawing the menu items twice for some reason,
> with the second pass adding a little more black to the edges of the
> text.

Correct. I ran kicker over a slow link and saw the menu items being
drawn twice.

Haven't heard anything else here so I'll try qt-interest.

If someone is willing to test this, it's simple:
  1. Run Xnest:
     $ Xnest -ac -kb -fp tcp/[hostname]:7100 :1
  2. DISPLAY=[hostname]:1 kicker

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)