List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Real old bug in many KDE apps (couldn't find correct app on
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-02-29 23:33:03

On Sunday 29 February 2004 14:13, Mat Colton wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a bug report for a lot of the KDE apps. This bug is really old, was
> already in KDE 2.0.

If you do not find a bug already in KDE Bugs ( http://bugs.kde.org ), then
please add it yourself.

> Most applications do not remember how the toolbars were set. See the
> screenshot at http://colton.de/kdebugs/korganizer-leap-year.png . I set the
> size of the toolbar icons to 48, works fine. If I switch to a different
> Kontact module and switch back the toolbars are back to default. This
> problem happens with most KDE apps. Kmail (stand-alone, not if loaded as
> Kontact module) works fine.

Then please add a bug report for this in KDE Bugs.

> AFAIR some KDE developer told me every coder must code this into his app,
> it's not a KDE-libs problem, but that was back two years ago or so.
> anders confirmed this on #kde irc just a second ago. As an end user I do
> not know how to reach all KDE developers so I'll try it this way...

Then perhaps you will have to bug application for application having this
problem.

But I would first start with the application really bothering you to see what
the reaction is and what additional information the developers need.

As for reaching all developers, sorry, this is not the right list for it. (I
even doubt that there is any list in KDE where you could reach all
developers.)

Please read: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
(and perhaps too: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html )

>  Thank you! :)