List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: what do you think ?
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-02-28 18:32:39

On Saturday 28 February 2004 15:49, Pupeno wrote:
> In the new version, when you open it up, you'll have a wizzard, the wizzard
> will offer you two options:
> Choose an instrument: Piano, Guitar, Bass, Custom

Good to see the Guitar in this list! A while ago I tried to use this app, but
I got kind of frustrated since the notation for guitar is different from that
for piano for example. Having a wizard that set things up, seems a very good
thing to do.

> I will save, as you train, all the current training information information
> (the one I specified avobe) to a fixed file
> (.kde/share/apps/ScoreReadingTrainer/trianing.srt or something like that)
> so if you choose to open current training, it will just open where you
> left... I could even put a check box: always open current training. Or
> should that be in the configuration dialog and not in this wizard ?
>
> So, what do you think about it from an usability/friendlyness point of view
> ? what do you think from a functional point of view ?

IMHO it seems like a very good thing. Just remember that some people don't
like wizard and press "Cancel" as soon as they see one. For those people it
should be possible to use the configuration dialog to achieve the same effect
as with the wizard.

Perhaps you could share widgets between the configurations dialog and the
wizard.

best,
Jeroen

--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net