List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: combining kappfinder and xdg
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2004-02-06 18:24:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 06 February 2004 19:19, Gustavo Pichorim Boiko wrote:
> When I said "to use xdg", I was talking about use only Categories to
> classify menu entries (to not use subdirs like applnk/Games/BoardGames).
> Your patch is still installing files in the old way. OK, it works, but IMHO
> it would be better if kappfinder installs these desktop files in
> KDEPREFIX/share/applications and use only Categories to classify them.
> I think it's not really necessary to change the kappfinder source to do
> this, it can be done changing only Makefiles and desktop files, but I may
> be wrong :)

Hmm, I just didn't want to hack kappfinder. And I think it needs to be hacked
since it searches its data in share/apps/kappfinder/apps/<Menufolders> and
copies the found apps to the users dir...

I will start committing my files now since it works almost like I wanted it...

Arnold
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de