List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: combining kappfinder and xdg
From:       Gustavo Pichorim Boiko <boiko () conectiva ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-02-06 18:19:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 06 February 2004 15:30, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2004 18:05, Gustavo Pichorim Boiko wrote:
> > Now I understood your question :)
> > I thought you're trying to add simple desktop files to the menu.
> > KAppFinder uses templates of desktop files to find applications, and
> > these templates are not in xdg format. Both templates and kappfinder
> > source must be ported to use xdg to be able to what you want.
>
> Hehe, no, one can use normal kappfinder for xdg's. See my working patch in
> the other mail...

When I said "to use xdg", I was talking about use only Categories to classify
menu entries (to not use subdirs like applnk/Games/BoardGames). Your patch is
still installing files in the old way. OK, it works, but IMHO it would be
better if kappfinder installs these desktop files in
KDEPREFIX/share/applications and use only Categories to classify them.
I think it's not really necessary to change the kappfinder source to do this,
it can be done changing only Makefiles and desktop files, but I may be
wrong :)

--
Gustavo Pichorim Boiko