List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: combining kappfinder and xdg
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2004-02-06 16:55:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Friday 06 February 2004 17:45, Gustavo Pichorim Boiko wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2004 12:05, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > What do I have to do to add an additional directory to xdg? I want it to
> > appear as "Multimedia/Jack & More" and I have already created a .menu
> > (containing the Category) and a .directory file and copied them to the
> > right place but kicker refuses to display it. :-(
> Well, I tried to do this here, and I only added a .menu file to the
> applications-merged directory, and it works.
> BTW, your menu will only be showed if it has at least one desktop entry
> belongs to the categories included in it.

I aleady tried this...

But I didn't want to show a toplevel dir but one under Multimedia and for this
you have to edit applications.menu in $(KDEDIR)/etc/xdg/menus...

I figured to to this with a patch. See the attached tgz for more infos. It
should be extracted inside the kdemultimedia sourcedir.

Could someone test it and give me some hints on naming before I add this to
cvs?

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de

["kappfinder-data.tgz" (application/x-tgz)]