List:       kde-devel
Subject:    combining kappfinder and xdg
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2004-02-06 13:41:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

as I am trying to add some .desktops to kappfinder to find some more
multimedia-applications I was thinking about using xdg for this files (and
possibly new folders).
My problem now is that if I install an icon via kappfinder it is put into the
corresponding Menu-item-folder of the applnk-dir and not into the
applications dir used for xdg. That wouldn't be a problem if xdg checked
these dirs for its special xdg-features (named Categories) too.

Is there any simple way of telling kappfinder to install the files into the
right xdg-folder?

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de