List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Deafault Application Icon
From:       "Abdalla S. Alothman" <abdalla () pheye ! net>
Date:       2004-02-02 18:50:48

Hello,

Is the application icon loaded by default, or does it need
to be loaded with an KGlobal::iconLoader()?

When I do, in main():

KApplication a;

The default application icon is not loaded (a default icon provided by
KDE is loaded, however.)

When I do:

KApplication a(argc, argv, "/full/path/to/app/myapp.png", "myapp");

It does get loaded and, of course, the aboutdata will be lost, and
myappui.rc is not read.

The application icons (lo16-app-myapp.png and lo32-app-myapp.png) get
installed without any problems in $KDEDIR/share/icons/locolor/[16x16 and 32x32]/apps

Thus, when I do, in main():

KApplication a;
myapp->show();
qDebug(a.iconName());
qDebug(a.miniIconName());

I get:
myapp
myapp

Note: (1) myapp constructor inherits KMainWindow(0, name, WType_TopLevel).
      (2) The default icon is loaded when -icon is passed to myapp from
          the command line (with full path - only - to the .png file.)

What am I missing? Do I need to revisit KCmdLineArgs, KIconLoader, or
Makefile.am?

Thank you,
Alothman