List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmix and shortcut keys
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2004-02-01 0:29:12

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 08:48:47PM +0100, ?ric Brunet wrote:
> [...]

What is kmix_applet?

> > KMilo is the culprit, catching the key-events and starting up kmix.
> > You can disable it in the control center under
> > KDE-components -> Service Manager.
>
> Ah, that worked; Of course, I lost the keyboard completely and had to
> disconnect and reconnect, but now kmix isn't launched anymore with the
> volume keys.

What would you rather the volume keys did?  Changeing the volume seems
like the perfect task :)

It might be nicer is there was a lighter weight way to change the
volume than loading kmix.

> > It would be nice btw, if this behaviour of KMilo could be made configurable,
> > is this planned for a future release ?

Suggestions for a good configuration interface to KMilo are welcome,
at the moment most modules auto-detect whether they can be used, it
would be good to keep this but also have the option of turning them on
or not and allowing configuration specific to each module.

Jonathan Riddell