--- Shift wrote: > Le samedi 31 Janvier 2004 20:06, praveen kandikuppa > a �rit : > > Hi, > > Hi, > > > I wanted to point out a suggestion regarding > the > > current design of "file associations". Usually an > > application handles a set of mimetypes, hence one > > logical place to set the preferred > application<->mime > > type would be application wise. For eg. I would > like > > kplayer to handle all the video types it can > handle > > and juk to handle all the audio types it can > handle. > > but this is difficult to accomplish. Currently you > > have to search for all the video mime types and > for > > each one put kplayer to be the preferred app. Is > there > > some way the mime types can be set on a per > > application basis. This would seem to be a good > > option. An application can have some sort of > settings > > page to accomplish this and global support in the > libs > > would be very good in my opinion. > > It allready exists. > In Konqueror choose "Go to" > "Applications" in the > menu (or something similar > 'cause my KDE is in French). > The go to the application you want to configure. > Right-click on it and choose > "Properties". Here you have a tab "Application" > where you can configure what > you are talking about. I have already seen that tab. It only lists what mime types are registered for the application. It also provides options to add or remove mime types. But what i am asking for is an easy way to make that particular application default for the mimetypes specified. Consider for example you installed a new video player -- it will specify mime types it can handle, but how do i make it default for the mime types it can handle. There is no easy way to do it currently. But "applications" tab seems to be a perfect place where to put it. I will probably make a patch soon to have this functionality. > > > Another issue is settings do not get > > properly updated between kde versions. When > migrating > > from kde 3.1 to 3.2 kicker panel icon arrangement > was > > messed up. I had a quick launch panel for which > the > > settings were lost. Some menu entries didn't have > > icons. I had an issues with settings of some other > > applications. Could this be a packaging issue or > has > > somebody else faced these problems. Can't all this > be > > done transparently?. > > What do you think of this? Should i > submit a > > bug report for this. > > > > regards > > praveen. > > > > > > > > __________________________________ > > Do you Yahoo!? > > Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. > Try it! > > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/ > > > > >> Visit > http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub > to > > >> unsubscribe << > > >> Visit > http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub > to unsubscribe << __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it! http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<