List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmix and shortcut keys
From:       mweiss38 () gmx ! net
Date:       2004-01-31 16:25:02

>In kde-devel, you wrote:
>> On Friday 30 January 2004 06:07 pm, Éric Brunet wrote:
>>> What I would like to do, is to assign the keys
>>> XF86Audio(Raise|Lower|Mute)Volume to the kmix_applet, and never use
kmix.

>> I'm not sure how KDE detects the key to run kmix, but since I use JuK, I
just
>> changed the keys within JuK to control the respective JuK functions.
>
>Well I tried to assign the keys to the kmix_applet, but kmix catches
>them first.
>
>Éric

KMilo is the culprit, catching the key-events and starting up kmix.
You can disable it in the control center under
KDE-components -> Service Manager.

It would be nice btw, if this behaviour of KMilo could be made configurable,

is this planned for a future release ?

Thanks,
		Markus

--
+++ Mailpower für Multimedia-Begeisterte: http://www.gmx.net/topmail +++
250 MB Mailbox, 1 GB Online-Festplatte, 100 FreeSMS. Jetzt kostenlos testen!