List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QA Team [JRT]
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-30 13:28:41

On Friday 30 January 2004 13:56, CARVALHO Luis Passos wrote:
> I'm surprised. I'm not used to see this type of answer, particularly from you
> Mr. Kulow. I can only assume that this answer must be motivated by writing an
> e-mail at 4am.
It may have arrived at 4am where you live, but it was written at a reasonable time.
And I still stand to it: If someone feels the new features and the tons of fixed bugs
aren't worth the handful of regressions then he's free to stay with what he has.

There is no point in trying to impose Mr. Tyrer not using it makes it any worse.
And no, he did not offer to help with the QA Team, he only tried to express that
without his input it's worthless anyway. This is kde-devel as I might remember everyone,
this is not jrt.org/blog - if someone feels like something is weak, then work on it
damit and stop ranting about it.

There are really only a handful of people that do regular work on the bug database
and that job is a very tough one. So while Thiago misunderstands people like anyone
else does, I would always stand up and get in front of him to defend him from people
that think their bug reports are more worth than the words they use to express them.

And bugs _can_ be reopened, and if we (either the developer or the bugs squad) think
that bugs are fixed, then it's the responsibility of the bug reporter to convince us the
bug is still there (and as long as KDE is a free software project and we've got no [paid]
QA team, this will stay the same). Subscribe to kde-bugs-dist@kde.org and be part of
the process before you complain about it.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.