List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Icons Makefile
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-01-29 18:03:31

On January 29, 2004 11:00 am, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2004 16:41, Christian Leh wrote:
> > hi .. i have created 10 icons for my application. i want them to be
> > installed automatically by "make install" ... using kdevelop does not fit
> > my needs. i added the icons to the kde_icon section in automake manager,
> > but they get not copied by running "make install"
> >
> > ... but they are listed in Makefile.am in kde_icon_KDEICON = 1.png 2.png
> > 3.png ...! what goes wrong? :(
>
> I think the Makefile.am HOWTO explains this best(at the bottom):
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/makefile_am_howto.html

Hi,

I just happen to install a lot of new icons in the kdeedu module. Having
looked at what was done by good KDE developers, I deducted the following:

For icons, you'll have a "icons" folder in your project and in this folder,
the Makefile.am will have the following line:
KDE_ICON = AUTO
(the Makefile.am will just have that line in fact)
(don't forget to add icons in the subdirs line of the ../icons dir
Makefile.am)
Place all icons in this icons folder with names like:
cr-yy-action-iconname.png
where yy is the icon size (names do matter here).
The icons will then be installed automatically as:
$KDEDIR/share/apps/appname/icons/crystalsvg/yyxyy/actions/iconname.png
(where yyxyy is for example 32x32)

Then in your program you call your icon "iconname.png" and it will be found in
the standards dirs without any other bother.

Hope that helps, anyone corrects me please if I am wrong,
Cheers,

annma