List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re:ATTENTION! NEW VIRUS IN WWW DETECTED! WATCH YOUR MAILS
From:       Alexander Schunk <alexander_schunk () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2004-01-27 21:27:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

---------------------------------
Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de
Mit Yahoo! Suche finden Sie alles: www.suche.yahoo.de.
[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Martin Koller &lt;m.koller@surfeu.at&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: \
26 January 2004 23:49, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:<BR>&gt; On January 26, 2004 12:58, \
Martin Koller wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; What do you think about the following version, \
which doesn't look so<BR>&gt; &gt; crowded ? \
http://members.aon.at/m.koller/kwin-tab2.png<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; progress! =)) that \
should make it quite easy to jump to the right place.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; what happens \
when you get, say, 2 dozen windows open? start another column?<BR>&gt; scroll the \
list?<BR><BR>What about falling back to the mini icons if I have too many rows \
?<BR><BR>&gt; if you think "that doesn't happen", i'd be glad to show you either \
the<BR>&gt; desktop that has my kwrite windows open on it or the one that has all \
the<BR>&gt; gimp, kcolorchooser and ksnapshot windows open on it ;-)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; \
at least i'm not doing it on an 800x600 screen, but  then again that's the<BR>&gt; \
minimum resolution requirement for KDE UI elements to be usable on.<BR><BR>I never \
thought this would not happen - I know Murphys Law ;-)<BR><BR>But still with the mini \
icons there will be a limit of about<BR>y-resolution / 18, which gives about 33 on \
the minimum resolution.<BR>The previous implementation had also a hardcoded limit of \
about <BR>x-resolution / 20, which is 40 on the minimum resolution.<BR>Is that limit \
acceptable (e.g. telling the user there are more apps which can <BR>not be displayed, \
e.g. "... other apps not displayed" as last line) ?<BR><BR>I really think that on a \
large number of apps, this popup will already become <BR>unusable. Therefore I think \
the above idea with showing only parts is more <BR>than enough.<BR><BR>&gt; i wonder \
if it might be possible to use a slightly nicer frame around the<BR>&gt; widget as \
well.. the thick border that is there right now is pretty chunky<BR>&gt; an 1998 \
=)<BR><BR>I already wanted to change the  parent widget to be a QFrame.<BR>I'll do \
this now and play with the framestyles.<BR><BR>- -- <BR>Best regards/Schöne \
Grüße<BR><BR>Martin<BR>registered as user #332716 with the Linux Counter, \
http://counter.li.org<BR><BR>Some operating systems are called 'user \
friendly',<BR>Linux however is 'expert friendly'.<BR>-----BEGIN PGP \
SIGNATURE-----<BR>Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 \
(GNU/Linux)<BR><BR>iD8DBQFAFtCYHmdPoI37D4YRAsVMAJ0auKdyUhCM6a6KwN+pPOOx4T57EQCggQKx<BR>uz0R07T9DU2mxdguS115jsw=<BR>=cGhj<BR>-----END \