List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New librariares into kdelibs
From:       Alexander Schunk <alexander_schunk () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2004-01-27 19:28:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

this is not to your subject, but I think you may help me anyway.
I have heard of ongoing development for Nvidia nForce network drivers but I \
am not sure if this is already done or where to get these drivers because i \
face big problems with accessing Nvidia nForce network controller with \
Linux.
I am able to ping any dummy IP addresses, and KInternet and smdppp works \
fine as well, but when I open Mozilla browser, I  get the message that the \
browser can't find website.
I have set all necessary IP adresses and DSL configuration but this won't \
work.
If anyone has some suggestions this is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Alex

Szombathelyi György <gyurco@freemail.hu> wrote:
Tuesday 27 January 2004 13:02 dátummal Cornelius Schumacher ezt írta:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 12:30, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> > The last has some logic in it (query the server naming context and the
> > supported SASL mechanisms), so it's not just some editboxes. My \
> > question is what would be the best place for these classes? Now I added \
> > to kdelibs/kabc, is this good (or KDE doesn't need any of these classes \
> > - I hope it does) ?
>
> Perhaps you should show us the code first. There definitely is a need for
> better LDAP support in KDE.

Hello!

I assembled the patches for the new ldap support. The LDAP ioslave attached \
 supports writing to and deleting from the directory. Also supports SSL \
(ldaps  protocol), TLS and SASL authentication. These can be activated by \
the  following LDAP URL extensions:
x-tls - enable tls
x-sasl - enable SASL
x-mech=xxx - choose SASL authentication mechanism (e.g. PLAIN, GSSAPI, ...)
The x-dir=[base|one|sub] extension affects the data what the ioslave \
returns.  Base - returns the search result in LDIF file
One - returns the search as a directory, each entry as a file entry
Sub - returns the search as directory, plus each entry as a directory if \
the  item has child entries.

The ldap resource is enhanced, especially in speed, because now only one \
query  issued to the server, instead of one query per entry. Also it's true \
 asynchronous.

I hope it can be accepted.

Regards,
György

P.S: I'm on the list, so please don't CC e-mails directly to me

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a \
FreeStarttol. Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
[Protocol]
exec=kio_ldap
protocol=ldaps